Inland Mendocino California Naturalist Class
Dates: March 13, 2019 - May 18, 2019
Time: 6:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Contact: Hannah Bird (707) 744 1424 ext 105 email@example.com
Sponsor: Hopland Research and Extension Center
If you enjoy exploring and learning about our local ecology, engaging in citizen science, and sharing your knowledge with others, this program is for you! The 40 hour course combines a science curriculum with guest lecturers, field trips and project-based learning to explore the unique ecology and natural history of inland Mendocino County. Lead course instructor is Jennifer Riddell, PhD. Local guest experts will attend classroom sessions and field trips.
Meeting Days & Times: March 13 –May 18 2018, 6-8:30pm. Wednesday evening classes meet at the UC Cooperative Extension Office in Ukiah. 5 Saturday field trips held at the UC ANR Hopland Research and Extension Center and surrounding areas from 8:30am–2:30 pm and include one overnight.
Fee: $390 by January 31, $410 Feb 1-March 14. This class will fill with a waitlist- sign up early! Need-based scholarships available. Registration opens soon. Students must purchase The California Naturalist Handbook (2013, UC Press).
Course Benefits Include:
- Classroom sessions & hands-on field trips with local expert lecturers, field biologists, and a UC curriculum
- UC California Naturalist Certificate awarded upon completion of course requirements
- Optional 4 UC academic credits for an additional $80
- Future discounts on unique training opportunities
- Opportunities to develop your CV and skill set
- A lifetime membership to a statewide network of institutions & certified UC California Naturalists