Spring Farm Tour - Santa Clara County
Date: April 8, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sponsor: Deer Hollow Farm
Friends of Deer Hollow Farm is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that supports the Farm via fundraising, awareness efforts and fun events for families.
Visit Deer Hollow Farm’s new farm babies. Meet the new lambs and goat kids, as well as the cow, pigs, chickens, rabbits, ducks, goose, sheep and goats. Spend some quality time on one of the last remaining homestead farms in the Bay Area.
- Walk through century-old farm buildings, a large organic garden and orchard, and learn what daily life was like just 160 years ago, when most Americans lived on homestead farms like Deer Hollow Farm.
- Enjoy the fun, interactive activities and hands-on-learning in the Farm’s Nature Center.
- Plant a bean to take home and enjoy refreshments in the Hay Barn.
Docents will be stationed in the animal pens, explaining animal care and what life was like on a homestead farm.
Note that groups of 20 or more are not permitted.
Groups are limited to a max of 19 on weekends.
- CARPOOL. The parking lots can get busy. Have your party consolidate cars to minimize the time you spend looking for a spot.
- ARRIVE EARLY. Doors open at 10am. The first ones in typically have the place (and the animals!) to themselves. BONUS: Get there around 9:45am, and you can get payment and the waiver form out of the way.
- REFRESHMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE. We’ll have Starbucks coffee, lemonade and Hobee’s famous coffee cake available, for a suggested donation.
- $7 per person. Children 1 and under are free! We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.